Thank God it's Good Friday!
A little late to post this a day after Easter Sunday, but still necessary! It's one week that I'll never forget. Well mostly cause it's been so busy and hectic. Anyway, my Good Friday, was extremely well spent with some awesome brothers and sisters in Christ, serving and being a blessing to the children at the Singapore Zoo! Hahaha. Our 'HEROES SG' event was a huge thing and we had 63 kids join us for that event, aged 2 all the way to 12. What better way to spend Good Friday right! Haha. At first, I was seriously hesitating before deciding to die to myself and GO in Jesus name. I was struggling to decide if I should continue to go for the event as a volunteer. I mean, it's been a long week and with many late nights, especially since I was down with cough and flu too. So it was really a struggle to think of serving the children and having to travel miles from home ~
BUT, when I got to the zoo and met some of the kids, wow! God is so good. He opened my eyes to see that Good Friday is all about Him and what He would do. I've always read in the Bible that Jesus, no matter how tired He was, would serve the multitude of people who gathered around Him and entertain them. He would never bail last minute and not bother about the people. What more children whom Jesus told His disciples that surely no one can enter the Kingdom of God unless he has faith like a child. Truly enjoyed myself with the kids after that encounter with God at the entrance of the zoo! It was a mind blowing and great experience to be working with Henrietta and Joel. Seeing their gentleness and leadership makes me wanna learn so much from them. In fact, as I reflect, I'm wondering if I am the one who was being blessed instead of being the one to bless. Either way, I'm grateful to God for allowing me to attend #HeroesSG and have so much fun building relationships with the children!
After the zoo, few of us headed to pastor Ian's place to do up the final, floral decorations for Clement and Iris' wedding, happening the next day. That was the first time in 20 years that I learnt how to do flower arrangement. It is NOT easy at all! But the flowers are so pretty ^^ --> went home at almost 12am though haha.
Saturday, 2015-04-04
The day that 2 became 1!
Congrats Clement and Iris ~ Thank God for a beautiful couple brought together by none other than the Lord our Father. Such a beautiful story of how they first met but did not have a good impression of each other and how God changed their hearts and their views as they worked together through LoveAid. Spent a whole month with Angela doing up their wedding decorations with Mimi's and Lilis' guidance! When in need of decorations, they are the two ladies to look for to produce beautiful work and with the guidance of the Father. Quoting Raine "soul good"!
Sunday, 2015-04-05
Yupp, it's Easter Sunday. But it was also Baptism Sunday!
This Easter was a precious reminder of how Jesus was raised from death to LIFE! As 9 of us took to the waters of baptism in obedience to God, it was a wonderful time hearing testimonies of the other 8 baptism candidates! Starting with Auntie Hazel, then Amelia, myself, Wei Bin, Calvin, Elias, Bel, Vivian and then Ros. Beautiful reminder of God's love showered upon us and how much He loves us!

No comments:
Post a Comment