Saturday, July 25, 2015

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend ❤

Wanna tell you a story today ^^

Have you ever had a conversation with a brother/sister in Christ or actually just any friend, that through your conversation, you just sense the presence of God so strong that it's as if you can just sense Him standing by your side? (via text message btw!) I believe some of you know what I'm talking about.

Not too long ago, I had such an encounter. And I must say that that was one of the moments that I will remember for a long time..

The texts started with some updates from that friend about something that happened the night before. Previously, this friend did a devotion and mentioned what others see from his actions. Do they see him as he is or do they see Christ through these actions. So that day, as he updated me of the situation, I saw the love of Jesus through him via the (to him) little actions that he took to show that he cares for another younger friend.

The action, although seemingly small to us, was big in God's eyes. And right at that moment, it brought me to a passage in the Bible that we all know "so well".. John 15:13. The verse read, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." Wow, this was the first thought that came to mind when I read the text on the things this friend did for the other. The time that he stayed up to make sure that everything was fine with our friend. The sacrifice of his sleep. How he made the trip down to fetch that friend because he didn't have money to go home. If I were permitted to rephrase that verse.. in this case it would have read, "Greater love has no one than this: to sacrifice one's time/sleep/activities for one's friend." I was moved from the acts of love of this brother. And his reply was, humbly, "By going to the cross and paying for our sins, Jesus did much more for us! What's this little sacrifice compared to what Jesus went through!" Indeed, you know a man is humble when he admits that he isn't all that humble inside.

To this brother in Christ, I wanna say, you have truly been a blessing to our friend and his family. Your kindness and love portrayed Jesus, and His grace is richly upon you because of your humility. God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. As you are gracious to our friend, so will God be gracious, beyond measure, to you. Daddy God, bless him and his family with your grace and mercy. In Jesus' name, amen ~

#filledwithHislove #crazylove #czyk

No comments:

Post a Comment