back from YTSA camp! it was so awesome! haha! really had lots of fun! the instructors and campers, everyone was so enthusiatic. I really loved it! haha! I wanna attend again! I miss all the instructors, everything and every one now... haha... I really enjoyed the camp... so anyway... I'll summarise what we did there:)
we were to meet at the National Stadium and register before going into the theaterette for the Olympism talk by Mr C Kunalan. next, we were told more about YTSA itself and how to graduate from YTSA. we were then separated into our individual groups to have lunch and mark attendance. haha! everyone was quite shy then...
soon, we left for the Labrador Adventure Campsite, where we would be staying for the next 2 nights. when we reached, we assembled at the hall and waited for further instructions... then, we played some icebreaker games and introduced ourselves to one another, in individual groups.
I was placed in Group 1, Nepal. our instructor is Jiang Han and assistant instructor is Darron:) instructor Jiang Han is really funny and friendly. he is very enthusiastic too:D instructor Darron is always carrying his bag around and he can't remember my name even after 3 days. haha! he's also funny and friendly:Dafter that introduction to each other, we were to merge with Group 2, China. Their instructor is Ilina:) Iinstructor Ilina is funny and friendly too. her voice is really loud and she's a basketball player:D
we started to learn TS cheers and our own merged group cheers. our merged group name is Nena. haha! it's a really cool name huh... haha! Nepal + China = Nena:D the whole group was really shy at first and everyone didn't want to do the cheers as we were afraid that others may laugh at us or boo us if we did the cheers too softly and not clearly. the actions were also a little embarrassing at first... haha!
after the icebreaker games, we were to assemble in the hall again and go back to our bunks to put our bags and take our bottles out to get ready for the netball clinic. we went back to the hall before that to learn TS cheers. it was really interesting and fun! haha! the netball clinic started and all of us were actively participating in the game:) it was really cool cos I haven't played it in a while.. haha!
next we were to meet at the hall again to create a cheer and do it... we were separated into two major groups... Red Team and White Team. I am in the Red Team, lead by instructor Melvin:D he is funny and daring. he is also very creative:D
breakfast was at 8am so we had to meet at the parade square at 7.30am. we were to have flag raising. haha! no music... use voices only... haha! before starting the whole flag raising, we did cheers and we did them really loudly too! we also learnt new cheers and had a competition between the two major groups. haha! FUN!!!
next, after breakfast was our photography workshop, 4hours. we were to take pictures of basketball matches... haha! I didn't get a chance to take any pictures... haha! sad...
we continued to our next journalism workshop. the starting was quite complicating but we got the hang of it:)
we continued to our next journalism workshop. the starting was quite complicating but we got the hang of it:)
next was lunch... after that was the next workshop... cheerleading:D haha! kinda fun:P I enjoyed it... we learnt arm and leg movements. we also got to see demos by the cheerleaders themselves. haha! they were really great. they did many stunts and that kept my eyes WIDE open. haha! we were then separted into individual groups again to do the elevator stunt. haha! I really liked that part... haha! I tried all three positions. haha! being the flyer was the most fun. haha!
after cheerleading, it was time to determine the group to go for dinner or bathe first again... haha! we had to have dinner first in the end... it was only 5pm!!! dinner at 5pm??? haha!
after cheerleading, it was time to determine the group to go for dinner or bathe first again... haha! we had to have dinner first in the end... it was only 5pm!!! dinner at 5pm??? haha!
we didn't have enough time to bathe after that... haha! the queue was so long!!! each person like less than 5mins to bathe lar!!! haha!
flag lowering and then go to hall for TS cheers again!!! haha! sweat again too... haha! but it was fun so it was worth the sweating. haha!
continued with the preparation for campfire night:) we have to do a performance for the campfire:D that was the best!!! cos after that was the campfire:D
I really loved the campfire:D everyone was so high and enthusiastic!!! it was the best part of the whole camp! my fav!!! haha! NENA wasn't afraid of going up to perform at all! it was so fun! haha! we really had the time of our lives up there performing at the top of our lungs... haha!:D we liked the oosh cheer the best! haha!the sad part was having to leave camp... haiz...
instructor Jiang Han suggested we do the best oosh cheer ever before leaving and his wish was granted by NENA! haha! had so much fun!!! I miss camp so much now... but at least we will be meeting up for other YTSA events:D so excited!!!:D
instructor Jiang Han suggested we do the best oosh cheer ever before leaving and his wish was granted by NENA! haha! had so much fun!!! I miss camp so much now... but at least we will be meeting up for other YTSA events:D so excited!!!:D
No comments:
Post a Comment