Started work again today:) Haven't gone back to for so long that I was rather nervous! Not many customers today so it wasn't so bad.
There was a slight problem though.. One of the customers said she was drinking her Coke Light when she came across a small piece of chipped glass in her cup. I mean she said it was in her mouth. (Thank God she didn't swallow it!) Her friend called me to tell me about it.. Didn't know what to do or how to handle but the only thing I could do then was to apologize and I did.. Many times.. She asked me to tell the boss too.. Apologized and told her that we will look into it. (+ gave them complementary mini cakes to apologize) The customer said "That's not what I want." I didn't know what to do at that moment so I was praying in my heart. Thank God she her friend was really nice to come over to the elder staff at the counter to tell her and to return the cake. At least she explained nicely.. :'( The lady had a really fierce look too..
So we checked all the glasses for any chipped parts and we didn't find any. Checked the ice and there wasn't any either. So it was concluded that the tiny glass piece must have come from the drink can.
Reflecting on the incident, I really Thank God that I was able to stay calm and apologize nicely eve when she said that's not what she wanted when we brought her the cake.. Thank God she didn't swallow it. And Thank God nothing too serious happened except that incident.
No comments:
Post a Comment