17 Mar - 18 May
This was the period of time I was attached to SweetSpot! Was an enriching experience to work in a café style business and see the SOPs that were in place, how to go about following them as well as what the art of clearing a queue really is. Truly was a time that God used to teach me patience and endurance. Learning how to open up and ask more questions to benefit my own learning as well. Definitely not an easy job in the service line and what more in a prestigious hotel brand. But I have to say, I came out stronger and more independent.
So ...
Thanksgiving No.1
Thank God for seeing me through part 1 of my internship and for allowing me to make friends here!
Ms April - Thank you for guiding me and teaching me principles that I can use not just in the work environment but anywhere! You've always pushed me ask questions and answer questions during briefing and even sometimes in the shop while at the barista station or while I'm insisting on being the "Sink Manager". Thankful for every opportunity you have given me to grow in SweetSpot. (^^)
Ms Rachel - I know I promised that I will call you Rachel only from now on but it's a habit already. 谢谢你一直以来的教导和照顾。从我第一天开始上班时,就是你在教我了。谢谢你对我的耐心教导。希望我没让你后悔用这么多力气和时间在我的身上。那天在巴士站遇见了你,真的很巧,也让我知道你现在在哪。哈哈。加油哦 Ms Rachel!(^^)
Ms Jackie - Thank you for teaching me how to be a power lady! Hahaha. You have always lead by example when it comes to arranging things and packing up things to make space for others. Remember the time you called me down to B2 to pack up the huge pile of things that belonged to SweetSpot that was placed outside the F&B Office. That was the once that I got to climb up so high and wrap those boxes with clear wrap. Hard to forget! (^^)
Ana - When I was in SweetSpot for the first week, you were on holiday and I didn't have a buddy! But once you came back, you were constantly hastening me to remember the product names, pricing, ingredients and all of those things. Still remember how you taught me the coffee SOPs too. You said, "I only teach you one time ah. You do once for me after that." But that helped me to learn fast and be attentive to your teaching too. So thank you for being such a big help at SweetSpot. And congrats on your new stage in life as a wife and a mummy! And as a captain. (^^)
Evelyn - Thank you for being a "can go to" trainee at the time I came in. You were also a trainee when I came in and you were there about 2 months. Still, you helped me out a lot too. Taking stocks and clearing up stuff. Was pretty fun having you around. You always told us how forgetful you were too hahaha! Mike could agree being your trainer haha.
Sharmaine - The bubbly you that I miss so much now haha. Thank you too for being a friend that I can go to for help. Remember the first time I was doing closing with you at the barista station and you were teaching me how to close the machine and wash it. I was so blur back then. But thank you for being patient with me and teaching me how to get the job done quickly. Also wanna say sorry! Sorry for messing up the place at MICE that time when I was sent over to help with the busy crowd. Felt like I was more of a nuisance than a helping hand to you. But thanks for being understanding!
Jerry - To one of the 3 most understanding and nice captains that I've worked with this internship! Strangely, all of you used to, if not are from IRDPB. Haha! Thank you for being a captain who's always ready to give a helping hand to anybody in need! 还记得上次我拿着一样很重的箱子。你看到了“吓”到说:“Mandy,那么重你也扛得起来哦?” 你当时要帮我 但是我没让你拿。哈哈!但是太重的你也会帮我拿,太高的也是。哈哈哈!谢谢你哦!你教我的,其实比别的同事还要重要咯。因为你是用你的actions的。你是个工作上很认真也很勤劳的captain。而且,不分什么captain或service attendant的职位。不管是谁教你,你也会听,会学。这种谦逊的态度 真的让我非常敬佩你!也从你身上学到了许多东西!谢谢你!(^^)
Michael - Thanks for being an awesome buddy to Evelyn, yet also taught me a lot while I was in SweetSpot! Had a great time there because of all of you guiding and helping me out. Even on getting a Grazie, you guys cheered me on despite my being in another department at that time already. Now that you're Angela's buddy also, train her well! Haha! She's super thankful for you too! Take care of my awkward good friend Mike! And thank you again for being a great colleague and friend! (^^)
Siri 언니 - 너무 감사함니다 언니야! 맨디는 너무 감사 예요! Thank you for that photo that I took with you along the walk way from the office. Never expected you to post it up with a message on Facebook though. But thank you for that little message. Meant so much to me.. Take care in SweetSpot and hope that we will still keep in touch! Dinner together with Jenny 언니 too okay! (^^)
Viola - Last but not least, thank you for the little gift! Graduation from internship! You were the only one who knew when I was ending my internship. So thank you for remembering! And for guiding me to places on the first day of work! Take care! 你的台词:“有缘再见!” 我相信我们一定会再见的!但在那天来令之前,我要先说,加油哦!哦,对了,还有一句,恭喜你当上了captain!嘻嘻!(^^)
Actually, there are more colleagues and managers that I didn't get to take a photo with but have much to say about them. So here is 1 more person who meant a lot to me from SweetSpot:
Ms Joanne - Thank you for being such an understanding and responsible AM! Been a great 2 months at SweetSpot learning from you as well. You basically taught me one of the most important things in the service line. 'The art of clearing queue' hahaha! But that was a really important aspect of SweetSpot, considering there are guests coming in all the time. At the barista area that you knew I loved to be placed at, you also trained me to be fast with my hands and on how to remember who ordered what drink and make them quickly. It was all because you were there helping me out that I could manage! Great big THANK YOU Ms Joanne! And take care! (^^)
Well, that's for SweetSpot!






No comments:
Post a Comment