Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Being as authentic as I can be...

A heart at peace gives life to
the body, but envy rots the bones.

(Proverbs 14:30 NIV)


It is not enough for the believer to begin to pray, nor to pray correctly;
nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray. We must patiently,
believingly continue in prayer until we obtain an answer. Further,
we have not only to continue in prayer until the end, but we have
also to believe that God does hear us and will answer our prayers.

George Muller


Just a moment ago, I was pondering...

Lord, how long must I wait for my sheep to hear my voice and come back to the path that leads to the right place? I was disheartened by the fact that despite prayers lifted up, there seemed as if there is no response. Be it from my sheep or from my friends whom I've invited time and time again. Yesterday, at the leadership conference, pastor shared that no one likes to be rejected. Jesus didn't reject Peter when Peter denied Him 3 times in the presence of Jesus. Instead, Jesus lovingly restored Peter to his calling. Jesus lead with love. Genuine love and concern for His sheep. He asked Peter 3 times if Peter loved Him. 2 times, Peter said "yes" and Jesus asked Peter to feed His sheep. But the 3rd time Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him, Peter said that he can only love Jesus as a friend and not unconditionally, like Jesus Himself could love us. This time, at Peter's humble response, Jesus said to Peter, "then feed My lamb". Because Peter went through the restoration process with Jesus, Peter could now restore others. He could now care for even the most delicate and younger lambs. Perhaps, that is why God used Peter to preach to the Jews despite Peter being a Gentile? Because the Jews are from the beginning a chosen nation by God and through Peter's ministry, God was showing His chosen people that "I want to restore this nation to Myself, just like I restored Peter to Myself, to serve Me for this purpose. So that when you see Peter, you see God's grace and mercy and God's heart of restoration of you to Himself."

O God, restore my heart to the calling that You have given me. Lord, I pray for a renewing of the Spirit in me today. Help me Lord to trust You in every area of my life and every thought of unbelief that the devil has so easily creeped in and placed in my mind to GET OUT in Jesus Name. Lord, help me because I am a weak person.. help me to be rooted in Your Word that holds the promises of God. Teach me how to use the Word of God, when I have been firmly rooted in it. Not just experiences, but knowledge of You in the Word, is necessary for leadership. I pray that Your Word will be the foundation that I stand on and build upon. Strengthen my heart and help me not to depend on my feelings but on the TRUTH and KNOWLEDGE of God. I pray that I will serve Your people from resting in You. That the unlimited resources of Heaven will be where I draw strength and faith in my prayers and requests. That I will lead with the humility of a servant's heart but serve with the heart of a King. A royal priesthood in Jesus Name. Amen~

No comments:

Post a Comment