Dear friends, I warn you as "temporary residents and foreigners" to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. (1 Pet 2:11 NLT)
Father, keep our souls clean and refreshed in Your Word daily that we do not go into the world and act like we are part of it. We have been set apart for in Jesus and have been called to be the light of the world to point the world to Jesus. To neither try and hide a city that is built on a hill nor light a lamp and place it under a bowl, but to put it on a lamp stand where it should be placed. So that the world may see the good deeds that we have done and glorify our Father in heaven. Yes, Lord, this prayer You have placed upon my heart at War Room last night. This prayer to rise up as a generation for the glory of God. Amen.
For you are called to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. (1 Pet 2:21 NLT)
What does it mean to do good even if I suffer? Just as Jesus has suffered for me. Does it mean to endure under persecution and yet hold fast to my knowledge and stand with Christ? Teach me Lord.
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live or what is right. By his wounds you are healed. (1 Pet 2:24 NLT)
Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls. (1 Pet 2:25 NLT)
No matter what I've done or what I deem shameful, Jesus has paid it all at the cross. He carried all of it personally for each and every ONE of us. He did that so that I can be free from my guilt and shame, that can and will hold me back from seeing God's glory and grace. God wants me to remember that I was once a lost sheep, but I am no longer lost now. I have turned back to the Good Shepherd. The Guardian of my soul. The Shepherd of my soul.
If you haven't placed your trust in Jesus, will you give Him full control to work within you today? Jesus IS God, He can heal you completely of your broken heart and your past guilt and shame if you let Him work within you. God is love, He doesn't force Himself upon you if you are not willing to accept Him. But our God is not willing that any should perish, that is why He wants you to trust in Him today. I know God can work and surface the darkest and deepest areas of my heart and heal them completely because He is doing just that in my heart this season. Let go and let God.
If you are willing, speak to Him, He can hear you.
No comments:
Post a Comment