Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~ John 14:27 (NIV)
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~ Philippians 4:7 (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
~ Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)
If there is something I've learnt through this devotional about prayer, it is that having the peace of God doesn't mean that your life automatically becomes smooth sailing. It means that you still have worries and concerns, you still have issues that you sometimes can't understand or resolve, but there is a peace of God that allows you to know that He is in control, full control, of the situation. Previously, I've always thought that the peace of God means to not have troubles and circumstances that I cannot understand in life. And when these things do still happen, I sometimes find that I get frustrated and angry about why these things happen. And most of the time, I blame God for making these things happen, when in the first place, He didn't make it happen. It was the consequences of my own actions that caused it. Then it causes us to be upset with God for not upholding His promises. But it's really us not understanding what He's teaching us in the first place. There's still so much to learn from Jesus' life on earth and from His disciples and Paul. The real question is, am I humble enough to learn from them and those who are younger than me?
Dear God,
Thank You and praise You for the peace that You have promised us when we trust in You. Thank You that that peace is eternal and not temporal. Thank You that it is not worldly peace that lasts for a while, and disappears. Thank You that it's a peace that has been given to Jesus when He overcame the world and that peace that has also been given to us when we choose to believe in and trust in You. Father, allow me to be continually humble and teachable towards the many things that I am still lacking in. Yet allow me to have the confidence in You to do what You have called me to do. The confidence and assurance that I can love someone else the way that You love me. To love my family with the love of Christ and to trust that my whole household will come to salvation. Lord, I pray for the helper at home to be accustomed to my family and that I can have a friendship with her that will allow her to feel welcomed. Lord, You have commanded us to love one another, and she is a fellow sister in Christ, so Lord, I'm asking that You allow us to build a friendship in Jesus' Name. Thank You for the peace of God to be able to help out at home. I commit my family and their salvations to You Lord, in Jesus Name I pray, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment