Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 26/30 Prayer Challenge

A Spirit of Gratitude

In today's devotional, I learnt that gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. Why? Because if I live with a grateful heart and with thanksgiving and praise to God, it can counter any toxic or negative emotions that life brings. It can elevate my spirit!

The author of the devotional made a point by saying that any time tiredness and lethargy or whenever he starts feeling down, he starts to praise Jesus. He will rejoice that his sins have been forgiven, that God's Word and truth can guide him and that he has a future and hope in Jesus.

The joy of the Lord becomes our strength when we use prayer to express our gratefulness to God, and He lifts our spirits as we pray to Him. God gives us a reason to be grateful, no matter our circumstances.

When we change the way we see things, we tend to see God work through that. A prayerful life allows us to rest and reflect upon God's goodness. The author said, "Do not stop celebrating what Christ has done for you!" Rejoice in the Lord! Pray with gratitude and thanksgiving!

To wake up in the morning everyday, is already a gift from God to be grateful about. And as I learn to see the little things in life to be grateful to God about, I see a shift in the way I look at God. Instead of the God in the bible, He becomes the God who is part of my everyday life, a true and living God that knows me and hears every cry of my heart.

Thank You Jesus
You set me free
Christ my Saviour
You rescued me

Thank You Jesus
You set me free
Christ my Saviour
You rescued me

You've given me life
You've opened my eyes
I love You Lord
I love You Lord
You've entered my heart
You've set me apart
I love You Lord
I love You Lord ~

Cause I'm so amazed
And I give You praise
That You would save us at such a cost
And I'm so amazed
And I give You praise
For the power of the cross
For the power of the cross ~

Daddy God,
Praise Your Name! Thank You for the wonderful message You have downloaded to Pastor this evening to share with Your people. We needed to hear this message of loving one another this season. God, You know that this is especially so in our youth ministry. God, we are facing a wall that we need faith in You to destroy and to know that this wall is torn down by You. Like how Joshua brought his men to march around the wall 7 times and how You brought that wall right down on the 7th time. We are marching God! We are marching and we know we cannot stop until You say so because we might stop short of the last round before the wall crumbles down. Lord, we hear Your message and Your commandment to love one another as God loved us. We hear and we pray that You give us the courage, the boldness this week to go out of our way, out of our comfort zone to love another person the way You have loved us. It hit the home run for me today when I heard that only believers of Jesus can love one another as Christ loved us. Wow God. We can only love one another like You love us because we have tasted and known of this love that those who have not followed You wouldn't have known yet. And so of course we need to be the ones who go and love others the way You have loved us. God, I ask for boldness and genuine love from You, that overflows in and through me, so that I will have the courage to love especially my loved ones and friends to the cross. To share with them the love of Christ that they so need and to bring them to the foot of the cross where all sin, death and hell was defeated. I pray this over our youth and leaders. Pray this over our church. And pray this over our nation. In Jesus Name, Amen.

#wowed #spiritoftruth #convictions #divinemessage #thisisourtime #316church #127culture

No comments:

Post a Comment