For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love~ (Ephesians 1:4 NIV)
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are~ (1 John 3:1 NIV)
I have significance simply because God loves me. I am His beloved child. This is my identity. God tells us that we don't have to measure our value by how successful we are or what roles we play. I am valuable because He has declared me precious and honoured. When we get caught up in our daily responsibilities, it is easy to doubt our importance in God's Kingdom. But, nothing can be further from the Truth! When we feel insignificant, let us praise God. Worshipping God allows our identity to be firmly rooted in Christ, rather than in who we know or what we do. The price Jesus paid for us makes us worth everything to Him. When we praise Him, we are able to let go of worries and efforts to prove ourselves. I will always remember that I am a royal priestess with a divine calling in God's Kingdom. Nothing can be better than that!
Changed the words in the devotional I read just now to allow it to be more personal to me. Try it yourself. As you read the paragraph above, read it slowly again. Absorb each sentence and the truths they carry. Let each truth sink in your heart. God loves YOU. He really does.
Dear God,
This afternoon, I wanna thank You for being a God who loves unconditionally. Lord, thank You for saying to each one of us that we are Your beloved. I remember, 3 years ago, I was a person who gave up hope, even on the slightest thoughts, that someone would be interested in me enough to sacrifice time to spend with me. I was so certain that there was no one in this universe that could undo the things in my life and cleanse me of the really dumb choices I made in the past. But months later, I was brought into the presence of God.. I heard of how You were a God who loved not just me, but the whole world of people like myself, that You wouldn't just want to spend time with us, but You sent Jesus, Your only Son to personally carry our past, present and future's sin, guilt and shame to the cross where He would give His life in a beautiful exchange for ours. That was a far greater sacrifice than what I thought. All I wanted was someone who would spend a little time with me. But what I got was someone who would give His life for me. The past that I cannot and no human can cleanse, You did it all by Your blood. Because You are 100% God and 100% man. You were the best and only One who could come and save us from death and bring us with You to the life more abundant, when You defeated sin, death and hell, with the Power of God that raised You from the grave on the third day. Father, thank You for sending Jesus, Your Son to die for us. By Your grace we have been saved through faith, and that it's not done by our works, but it is the gift You have given to us, lest we boast that we did it ourselves. Jesus, thank You for promising and giving us the Holy Spirit to live in and among us to teach and guide us. Lord, thank You for saving this sinner in Jesus' Name. Thank You. In Jesus' most precious name I love and pray, Amen.
All the Poor and Powerless by All Sons & Daughters:
No comments:
Post a Comment