Thursday, May 26, 2016

Daddy - Daughter Devotional Time (10/40)

"I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. He cuts off every branch of me that doesn’t bear grapes. And every branch that is grape-bearing he prunes back so it will bear even more. You are already pruned back by the message I have spoken." (John 15:1-3 MSG)

NLT says, "you have already been pruned and purified..." The whole world is like the brunches that don't bear fruit, and hence, cut off from the Real Vine. But because of the miracle of LOVE, we now are being pruned back, one by one, when we allow Jesus into our hearts. He came to the earth with a message, and that message is that we are no longer slaves to sin or to Him. We are co-heirs with Christ and we are God's sons and daughters. We are, Jesus calls, friends of His, and He is welcoming those who will believe in the message He has brought to us.

I read in John 8 previously, "A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free." (John 8:35-36 NLT) And I remember sharing that we are only slaves but not in the "family" of sin. We are, though, in the family of Christ. We have an inheritance from God Himself. So, when God prunes us back, it is final. We are His and He is ours. When we remain in Him and He in us, Jesus says, "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand." (John 10:28-29 NLT)

I thank God that I can be sure of my salvation and my bearing of fruits in Him today! Thank You Jesus! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment