Monday, May 23, 2016

Daddy - Daughter Devotional Time (7/40)

"I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say." (John 12:49-50 NLT)

Jesus recognises the Father's authority that was given to him. The same authority he now gives to us. Jesus knows fully that whatever the Father says and does is leading us to eternal life. So, he was willing to place his entire life in the Father's hands, even until the grave!

Isn't that like what James said in James 1:2, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials..." (NKJV) and he continues by saying, "knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." (NKJV) Another version says "your endurance has a chance to grow." (NLT)

He then goes on to tell us that "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking," (James 1:5 NLT)

So, even though what Jesus said would eventually lead him to the cross where he gives himself up, he was willing. He was sure that it would lead to eternal life! And did it? Yes! Yes, it did! Eternal life for Jesus, for the Jews and for everyone who would believe in His Name!

Today, I ask myself, do I also speak out of Jesus' authority, or am I just full of empty speech and worthless promises? Am I speaking without weight? I want to speak with the authority of God! And I can only do so when I know what God is saying through His Word, in the Scriptures. The Word is filled with promises from our faithful Father who will see it through when we agree with Him by speaking the Word back to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment